Level 3 Mathematics
Supporting the development of Level 3 Maths, especially the increased participation of students, will continue to be a priority for the Maths Hubs programme In 2017/18.
In the London South West Maths Hub this work will be co-ordinated by our Level 3 lead Martin Millar. The level 3 lead will work in close partnership with the regions FMSP area co-ordinator, the CMSP core maths lead and leaders of good Level 3 Maths practice in schools and colleges in order to achieve 5 main goals:
- Raising participation in Level 3 Maths
- Post-16; supporting improvement in Level 3 Maths teaching
- Increasing the numbers of schools and colleges able to offer a viable Level 3 Maths curriculum, including Further Maths and Core Maths
- Raising girls’ participation in Level 3 Maths
- Improving the preparation of students for the mathematical and statistical aspects of higher education and vocational training
The level 3 maths lead will co-ordinate all work in this area.