Secondary - Depth of understanding through Teaching for Mastery
Depth of understanding through Teaching for Mastery
London SW Maths Hub are pleased to announce a Teaching for Mastery afternoon for secondary schools in the London SW Maths Hub region.
A FREE opportunity to:
• Develop teacher’s understanding of variation and its impact on deepening pupil understanding
• Discover how Teaching for Mastery (TfM) minimises cognitive overload
• Observe a TfM style lesson
• Join a weekly collaborative planning session
• Evaluate TfM resources to share with your department
• Learn about the many funded TfM opportunities available to secondary schools
Wednesday 27th November 2019: 12.30 – 16.00 (to include lunch)
• Observe a weekly Year 8 mastery style lesson
• Lesson feedback to include analysing lesson design and discussing effective TfM strategies
• Join a weekly collaborative planning meeting (Teacher Research Group - TRG)
• Take away resources and strategies that will develop your pupils into more confident mathematicians.
Location: Southfields Academy, 333 Merton Road, London, SW18 5JU
How do I sign up?
Through Eventbrite here
Please note: We are limited to 15 places so booking early is highly recommended.