Developing Intervention in a Mastery Context
An exciting opportunity to explore a range of models of intervention in a mastery context and trial pre-teaching and same-day intervention strategies to enable pupils to keep up with their peers and achieve age-related expectations.
- Develop a sound understanding of what constitutes effective intervention
- Identify underlying skills and concepts to access whole class teaching and learning of mathematics
- Provide swift and effective intervention
- Develop a systematic and coherent approach to enable pupils to improve self-esteem and confidence about mathematics and to keep up
This project is directed at schools that already have a good understanding of teaching for mastery approaches. Each session will be attended by two teachers of a participating school’s chosen year group with an expectation that they liaise and develop practice in school together in between the central meetings. It is a requirement that the first session is also attended by the HT or a member of the SLT who has a direct impact on time-tabling and whole school approach to intervention.
We are facilitating two Work Groups this year - you can choose from either Cohort 1 or Cohort 2
- Session 1 - Friday 10th January 2020 (09:00 - 15:00)
- Session 2 - Wednesday 12th February 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
- Session 3 - Thursday 14th May 2020 (11:00 - 12:00) online
- Session 1 - Friday 17th January 2020 (09:00 - 15:00)
- Session 2 - Thursday 13th February 2020 (09:00 - 12:30)
- Session 3 - Friday 15th May 2020 (11:00 - 12:00) online
In between the sessions, participants are expected to develop their own practice around intervention and work closely with their in-school co-participants to keep a reflective journal. The project lead will visit some of the project schools to support and evaluate practice in between central meetings.